Travel planning is tricky these days. Take a peek at this infographic that breaks down the importance of working with a pro:
Posts by Molly Mathis:
The Beller Family (pictured above) just returned from adventures in Belize. Read more about how MOJO helped them plan an unforgettable Spring Break.
MOJO Adventures plans ultimate adventures because we realize the importance of creating core memories and holding on to them forever. We help to make your dreams a reality with our exclusive, curated adventures.
The Beller Family takes on Belize MOJO Style
This multi-generational family of eight was seeking the ultimate getaway to celebrate a college graduation and new jobs. Belize offers amazing dive spots and enriching culture, making it the perfect family vacation.
The Bellers started their adventure in the inland jungle region of Belize at one of MOJO’s favorite boutique properties — Ka’ana. Daveenia Beller and her family loved the Mayan cooking experience where they learned to make traditional Mayan meals. “One of the highlights of the trip was getting a common sense of community. Everyone was so nice and welcoming, and we got first-hand experience on the Belize culture,” said Daveenia.
Next, they stayed in luxurious, oceanfront villa bungalows in Placencia surrounded by endless adventure opportunities (including a dive trip just outside of Placencia). The family’s diving adventure was complete when they saw sharks, turtles and more. “It was unbelievable, within 15 minutes we saw more marine life than we have ever seen before,” One of their favorite adventures was learning the art of horseback riding through the jungle. “Normally when we go horseback riding, we just follow a trail. In Belize, we toured ruins and got to gallop the horses. It was a little frightening at first but so rewarding,” says Daveenia.
MOJO Offers Peace of Mind
MOJO takes the work out of planning so you and your family can truly enjoy every moment. “Everything is orchestrated so you don’t have to worry about anything and everyone knows where they need to be without being rushed. There is a digital itinerary that tells you where you need to be, what you need to pack and what to expect for the day,” says Daveenia.
MOJO is proud to create a diverse itinerary where everything is different and nothing is the same. Daveenia says, “Our adventures were coordinated appropriately for our whole family. We especially loved stopping by restaurants to eat local tamales and ice cream in between excursions.”
Whether you are looking to celebrate something big or small, a MOJO adventure is the way to go! We add value upfront so you can have peace of mind along the way. GIVE US A SHOUT if Belize is on your bucket list.
Learn insider tips in Maine with a private lobstering expedition
Thank you to everyone who completed our “WHAT TYPE OF TRAVELER ARE YOU?” QUIZ Last month we spotlighted the “Experiential Traveler” which garnered the top spot. The second most popular result is the Foodie and Cultural traveler.
If you fall into this category, what does this say about your travel desires? Oftentimes, you are a lover of fine wine and great meals combined with cultural experiences.
Here’s a taste of 4 experiences we think that’ll appeal to you. All can be customized any number of ways to create the perfect experience for you.
CHILE- Known for incredible cuisine and a multitude of mountainous adventures, Chile is definitely on our bucket list. Here are a few favorites:
- Embark on a heli hike or heli fishing experience that will take you to exclusive natural sights
- Treat yourself to a chef-prepared, South American inspired dinner and wine under the stars
- Raft down the crystal clear Rio Palena river
SONOMA TO NAPA VALLEY — A true wine lover’s paradise nestled among world-class vineyards in California. Become immersed in culture, lifestyle, local cuisine and delicious wine.
Your stay in the valley can include:
- Pedaling through luscious vineyards, stopping at 4 different wineries. Each destination offers a taste of award-winning wines and a chef-prepared picnic complete with a view.
- Grabbing an apron and creating a gourmet 3-course meal in a private cooking class. Learning new culinary skills and combining flavors that compliment local wines.
- Experience all Sonoma Valley has to offer during a private, insider foodie experience at some of the area’s renown farms that supply local chefs with premium artisan ingredients.Including a behind-the-scenes tour of a local oyster farm.
MAINE — Enjoy delicious seafood and Maine classics complete with a view of the spectacular coastline. Pack a suitcase and get ready for these adventures:
- Climb aboard a private lobster boat and learn the daily tasks of lobster fishing while spotting marine life and lighthouses. Bonus: you can purchase Maine lobsters to take home!
- Enjoy a stroll with a local who will show you their favorite local restaurants and Maine comfort foods. You might grab a bite of clam chowder, homemade pies or a refreshing summer ale.
- Set sail on a scenic wine tasting adventure. Attend a sommelier-led wine class on a historic sailboat complete with a sunset and accompanying food pairings.
ITALY – Last, but definitely not least, embark on a journey to one of the foodie capitals of the world. A few highlights any foodie/cultural traveler would love in Italy:
- Become a local with a cooking class and wine tasting in a local farmhouse. Make a traditional Italian 3-course meal with the help of a local Tuscan chef. You’ll even make pasta from scratch while enjoying wine produced on property.
- Climb aboard an exclusive Riva boat and learn what makes Lake Como unique. You’ll pass by fishing villages, hidden nature spots and impressive villas. Bonus: The private boat allows you to stop almost anywhere giving you unlimited adventure choices.
- Pack your camera and hike Monte Bregagno for spectacular views. You’ll never forget these 36o views of the Alps, and Lake Como and Lugano.
Pictures are a great way to hold onto your vacation memories. Learn how to improve your photography skills in the article below.
We all want a camera roll full of amazing images to wrap up a vacation full of memories. So what makes for a great travel photo? Atlanta photographer, Catrina Maxwell, of CATMAX Photography, says it all boils down to three things: focus, lighting and composition.
“Your picture should tell a story and the lighting, background and poses all play a role in that”, says Maxwell, who does much of her work in the brand space, and joined the MOJO crew on a Puerto Rican adventure in 2017. “Composition plays a very strong part in taking a great picture.”
Tip #1 (Rule of Thirds): Cat suggests composing your picture using the rule of thirds. Break down the camera screen into a grid of thirds (three up and three across), then place your subject anywhere you can count to three.
For example, look at the image shared below, where the food is the star of the show, but the ambiance in the background helps tell the story. Also, note the shot of paddle-boarders that uses the rule of thirds to show the large cruise ships in the background and truly tell the story.
Here are more game-changing tips to help you take your best shot:
- It sounds silly, but clean your lens! Lenses are exposed in our purses or pockets and can get pretty dirty – give it a swipe before you say “smile!”
- Tap the screen on your subject to bring into focus. The camera does the rest.
- Adjust the brightness of your photo. For iPhone users, press and hold on the subject and move your finger up or down to adjust the lighting.
Once you have an album full of photos, now what?
- Print them so they’re not stuck in your phone. Maxwell uses a photo software called Mixtiles to turn your images into wall art.
- Edit images that need a little boost. Maxwell suggests a free app called Lightleap that allows you to drop in a “new” sky to make it more compelling if it was shot on a cloudy day.
- If you’re with a group on an adventure, shoot the picture from behind. It makes the viewer feel like they went right along with you!
Getting the guys together for some overdue bonding? Let MOJO create a completely customized and turn-key adventure for you.
Hey guys! Are you looking to gather your crew and head out on an ultimate guys adventure? We know you’ve had a lot of time to ponder for the past few years, so now’s the time to pounce.
We have 3 epic destinations that’ll send your boys packing. Check out these adventures that offer a chance to become one with nature and bond with your brothers. Grab your fishing rod, mountain bike or canyoneering equipment and conquer any of these carefully curated adventures.
BOZEMAN, MONTANA — Montana is a true treasure. And not just because we’re all addicted to the Duttons of the Yellowstone series. It holds rich deposits of minerals like gold, copper and silver, making it known as the ‘Treasure State.’
Bozeman, home to amazing wildlife and scenery, is one for your radar. Here’s a glimpse into a stay at a private lodge complete with 7-bedrooms fully surrounded by nature. Your get-away can include:
- Mountain biking through beautiful terrain.
- Fly fishing in nearby trout filled rivers, followed by a gourmet, private-chef prepared dinner featuring your catch of the day.
- Taking a privately-guided tour of Yellowstone National Park
VERMEJO, NEW MEXICO — With 550,000 acres and 19 fishable lakes, Vermejo is an incredible basecamp for your next Guys Adventure. Vermejo, New Mexico is the jewel of New Mexico known for its diverse wildlife and outdoor experiences. Stay in a luxury, 8-bedroom private lodge surrounded by endless adventure opportunities.
Your adventure can include:
- Walking outside your lodge & enjoying direct access to untamed wilderness and fishing lakes
- Customized archery or skeet shooting programs
- Privately-guided ATV adventures
- Private chef services
MOAB, UTAH — This outdoor adventure capital, is home to world-famous arches and red rocks and is perfect for anyone craving non-stop multi-sport adventure. Spend your days exploring Canyonlands National Park via a range of uniquely-customized adventure experiences.
Your adventure can include:
- Navigating river rapids while embarking on a customized canyoneering adventure
- Taking a private mountain bike adventure through the park
- Going on an all-terrain vehicle excursion near Whitewash Sand Dunes
- Enjoying a chef-prepared private dinner in a remote desert setting
Imagine waking up to these incredible views in the French Alps
The people have spoken! So many of you took our “WHAT TYPE OF TRAVELER ARE YOU?” QUIZ last month. Not surprisingly, “Experiential Traveler” garnered the top spot. We had a hunch this would be the case.
If you fall into this category, what does this say about your travel desires? Generally speaking, it means you’re open to trying new experiences and typically look for adventures that feature a nice balance of downtime, coupled with amped-up adventure.
To whet your appetite, here are 4 adventures geared towards the Experiential Traveler. All feature types of experiences we can create in each locale, however, as everything we create is perfectly crafted for you, the sky’s the limit (and often not even that).
Give us a shout. We’d love to customize an incredible experience for you.
BAHAMAS – Home to white sandy beaches and amazing adventure, the Bahamas offer a bounty of unique experiences. Here’s a few highlights our experience-seekers will swoon over:
- Kick back in a private estate located on Harbour Island, Bahamas. You’ll enjoy everything you need including a private chef, gourmet meals, private boat, freshwater pool and hot tub and even your own tiki bar, bartender and daily happy hour craft cocktails.
- Swim with the famous pigs off the coast of North Eleuthera and fill your camera roll with incredible memories.
- Climb aboard and catch dinner via a private deep-sea fishing excursion.
NORWAY — Known for their picturesque landscapes and diverse wildlife, Norway offers unique outdoor adventures and experiences. Norway adventures include:
- Glacier trekking
- Relaxing on a private boat as you take in the colorful scenery and pristine waters of the surrounding Fjords.
- Hiking or river rafting in the adventure capital of Oslo.
ST LUCIA— St. Lucia has a lot to offer from beautiful beaches to the breathtaking Piton Mountains. Gear up for amazing St. Lucia experiences such as:
- Immerse yourself in a volcanic mud bath and natural hot springs
- Horseback ride on the beach through crystal clear waters.
- Learn new skills as you try your hand catching snapper, dorado or wahoo. Then, enjoy your freshly caught meal prepared by a private chef.
FRENCH ALPS — Last, but definitely not least, embark on a journey to one of the most picturesque regions of France. Your stay in the French Alps is an experience of a lifetime:
- Relax in a private, luxury chalet in a quaint village in the French alps. This chalet has everything you need: luxurious rooms, a fully stocked bar, private chef, heated pool/hot tub and a sauna.
- Visit 2 countries in a day! Hike the alpine trails in France and enjoy a lunch in a nearby village.
- Hop in a gondola and ride to the top of Mt. Blanc to explore the breathtaking glacier & views.
This your sign to take your significant other on a romantic getaway. These three destinations offer a wide array of unique adventure possibilities that’ll please everyone. You can “basecamp” at any one of these luxurious places for an even more memorable MOJO adventure!
FARMHOUSE INN IN SONOMA VALLEY, CA — The FarmHouse Inn was founded back in 1911 and remains a staple in Sonoma Valley. If you’re looking for a “basecamp” that offers easy access to amazing food, wine, arts, culture and luxury lifestyle… this is the place for you. Your stay could include:
- Exclusive Food & Farm Tour: Calling all wine & food lovers! Be a part of a full-day food and farm experience where you enjoy an insiders experience at farms supplying local chefs. Try foods like award-winning cheeses, pastries and fresh seafood. Even enjoying an exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour of a local oyster farm.
- Vineyard bike tour: Hop on a bike for a fully-customized Sonoma Valley wine tour with a private guide and chef-made, gourmet picnic.
- Private cooking class: Test your culinary skills with a private cooking class. Learn new techniques and cook a three-course meal… yum!
NAYARA SPRINGS, COSTA RICA – This basecamp is an award-winning member of the prestigious Relaix and Chateaux network. Located in the Arenal Volcano National Park, these luxury villas are surrounded by tropical plants and wildlife and feature their own private plunge pools. Here are a few nearby, unique adventures for you:
- Rainforest ziplining: Soar above the treetops on a private canopy forest zipline adventure
- Waterfall rappelling: Gear up for one of Costa Rica’s most thrilling adventures as you make your way through slot canyons in the rainforest
- Coffee tour & tasting: Become an expert on Costa Rica coffee with a private tour and tasting
HECKFIELD PLACE, HAMPSHIRE ENGLAND — Stay in a classic, Georgian family estate surrounded by 400 acres that holds an abundance of outdoor activities. Your stay at Heckfield Place could include:
- Private cocktail class: Create unique cocktails via a cocktail making masterclass or indulge in a wine tasting featuring diverse wines.
- Falconry: Embark on a classic British experience and learn the secrets of falconry. It’s an unforgettable moment when a hawk swoops out of the sky and lands on your gloved fist.
- Cycling and Hiking: Ride or hike across the Estate and out into the surrounding forest to discover the peace and quiet of the Hampshire countryside. There are even several country pubs you can easily cycle or hike to.
Take in breathtaking views in Croatia
Summer is approaching fast, so we’ve compiled two must-visit destinations for you. These destinations are just a sneak peak at what a MOJO adventure holds for you. We listen to our clients and curate one-of-a-kind adventures based on your preferences. We add value to any trip with our unique excursions, local partners and a few surprises along the way. These destinations have a variety of water and land activities, amazing food and breathtaking views that’ll please every traveler.
CROATIA — We’re really loving Croatia right now. Known for its stunning coastline, rich culture and beautiful weather, it’s the perfect summer destination. Whether you’re looking to delve into history or take in its unique scenery, Croatia offers the best of both. Your adventure possibilities include:
- Cetina River Rafting: Take on the rapids of the Cetina River. Don’t worry it’s ideal for all age groups making it the perfect family activity.
- Private Sailing: Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery via private sailboat charter. Explore the picturesque coastline, sampling Croatia’s unique flavors and sights along the way.
- Cook a Mediterranean meal in a local’s home: Cook a traditional Mediterranean meal in a local home near Jelsa. Learn the fascinating traditions behind local vineyards and winemaking in the area.
PORTLAND, MAINE — If you’re looking to stay stateside, don’t miss the Northeast this summer. Maine is known for its picturesque coastlines, stunning lighthouses and delicious lobster. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure or simply want to take your taste buds on a seafood or craft brew tour, check out all that Maine has to offer. Your adventure possibilities include:
- Private Wildlife Cruise: Hop on board a 3-hour, private lighthouse and wildlife cruise. Spot lighthouses, seals, eagles and more!
- Lobstering: Learn all about Maine’s rich maritime tradition, lobstering. Join a real lobster fisherman on a charter boat and see the centuries-old practice in action. Sample fresh, Maine lobster right on deck.
- Private Bi-plane Ride: Admire the breathtaking and unique views of Maine’s coast via private bi-plane on a 75 minute flight over Acadia.
Are you looking to get your besties together and have a fun girls trip in 2022? You’re in luck! Here are 3 destinations worthy of a few days off the grid.
All offer unique adventure opportunities in private, natural, open-air settings. Not matter your budget, one of these is sure to fit into your girlfriend getaway plans.
PLACENCIA, BELIZE — Known for its wide range of animal species and breathtaking nature, Belize is the perfect outdoor adventure locale for your next girls getaway. Scroll through the pictures of this 5-bedroom luxury ocean-front home. The spectacular views of the Caribbean are amazing but the adventures are even better.
- PRIVATE CHEF SERVICES — All meals are prepared by a private chef and curated to your own liking so you can focus on exploring.
- 5-STAR WELLNESS PROGRAMS–Unwind and relax with a full-service spa and wellness programs.
- CUSTOMIZED DIVING AND SNORKELING CHARTERS –Belize has the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world so dive in and see amazing marine life.
- WILDLIFE VIEWING — Belize is home to a variety of animal species. Spot monkeys, tropical birds, dolphins, oh my!
- EXPLORE MAYAN RUINS — Compliment your stay at the beach with a stay in the jungle and experience Mayan artifacts up-close during a private cave tour. Or practice your sun salutations atop a Mayan temple during a sunrise yoga class.
PRIVATE ISLAND IN PANAMA — Panama is known for unlimited adventures and tropical weather year-round making it the perfect destination. We also think it’s an amazing spot for a girls trip and we’ve found the perfect place to anchor. Scroll through the pictures of this 7-bedroom villa located on a 15-acre private island off the coast of Panama and you’ll see what we mean. While you may not want to leave your amazing accommodations, there’s plenty to do during your stay. Grab your girlfriends and let’s go.
- SURFING — Popular surfing beaches are located near your villa, perfect for anyone ready to take on the waves. Don’t worry, there’s private instructors on-hand to teach lessons, no matter your skill level.
- PRIVATE ATV JUNGLE EXPLORATION — Hop on an ATV and explore the three-canopy rainforest. Be ready to get out of your comfort zone on this wild ride.
- PLAY WITH DOLPHINS —Jump in and play with dolphins as they swim around nearby Isla Delfines.
- FRESH FARM/OCEAN-TO-TABLE CHEF-PREPARED CUISINE AND CUSTOMIZED WELLNESS SERVICES— Take a walk through the rainforest with your culinary team and harvest and taste a variety of exotic fruits like magic fruit, soursop, biriba and more! Afterwards enjoy a sunset yoga/mindfulness session or massage followed by a memorable chef-prepared dinner.
OJAI, CALIFORNIA — 6/BEDROOM LUXURY MODERN HACIENDA –– Situated on 5 private acres, framing the great Topa Topa mountains and surrounded by miles of orchards and farmland, this is the ultimate luxury escape in the Ojai Valley. The town of Ojai is a mystical sanctuary known for its focus on spirituality and wellness. You can find an array of outdoor activities.
- Hiking, Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding — An ideal hub to enjoy active days and relaxing nights, your private guides will develop a fully-customized program for your group.
- Private Chef Services — Explore the natural wonders of Ojai then be treated to incredible culinary creations from your private chef. Explore different flavors and recipes prepared in your villa’s open kitchen. The ultimate farm-to-table experience!
- Customized Wellness Programs — Your private hacienda offers the perfect environment of peace, wholesomeness and connection your body and mind need. Unwind and allow yourself to go back to your natural state of balance and healing through nature in Ojai. Enjoy restorative programs like yoga, stretching and mindfulness. Pamper yourself with grounding massages and nurture your body with delicious organic meals prepared from scratch.
- Surfing — Conveniently located only 30 minutes from the coast, Ojai has access to world-class surfing between Ventura and California’s iconic Rincon Point. Whatever the level, you’ll be in good hands with private instruction to shred the waves!
Imagine waking up to these incredible views of the Mediterranean
Updating your travel bucket list seems like a fun and fitting way to start the new year. These destinations hold incredible adventure opportunities as well as the ability to travel responsibly.
This is your year to prioritize bucket list travel. Whether you are looking for breathtaking nature, one-of-a-kind experiences or learning opportunities… we’ve curated the perfect destinations for you!
GREECE — home to ancient history and magnificent temples. Partake in a private tour of The Acropolis or embark on a private yacht complete with water toys. End the day with 5-star restaurants complete with an ocean view. For extra inspiration check out OUR SAMPLE 10-DAY ITINERARY
KILIMANJARO — most famously known for being Africa’s tallest peak and the world’s tallest free-standing mountain. Become one with nature and embark on a PRIVATE 8-DAY KILIMANJARO HIKE to the roof of Africa.
Get ready to see breathtaking views!
ZION/BRYCE CANYON — Both known for their amazing views and rewarding hikes. Stay in a PRIVATE LUXURY GLAMP CAMP created especially for you, that won’t even feel like you’re camping. Wake up to private chef cooked meals and breathtaking views of the canyons. Breathe in the fresh air with guided yoga or a private hiking tour in Bryce Canyon.
CROATIA — This country may be small in size but has many unique adventures waiting for you! Go hunt for truffles in the Istrian Forest or explore Plitvice National Park by kayak. Be prepared to see stunning waterfalls, crystal clear waters and breathtaking canyons! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
ICELAND — Last but defiantly not least, Iceland is one of our top favorite destinations. Trek across the largest glacier in Europe. Enjoy a chef-prepared dinner and live music in a cave. Relax in your own private Blue Lagoon. Most importantly, this is the only place in the world where you can snorkel between two continents!