Two recipes that allow you to experience culture from the comfort of your home
Traveling is all about taking in breathtaking views and tasting dishes unique to that destination.
In honor of our recent adventures to Thailand and the French Alps, we are sharing our favorite new salad and cocktail recipes with you.
SOM TAM – THAI GREEN PAPAYA SALAD
Som Tam or Thai Green Papaya Salad is a signature dish in Thailand full of spicy, sweet and salty flavors. The recipe includes chicken but feel free to substitute for shrimp or your favorite protein.
While in Thailand, we were treated to a private, hands-on cooking class where we learned how to make this salad. This dish is easy to make and packed full of flavor making it the perfect side to any meal. Follow the recipe below to incorporate some Thai cuisine into your next meal plan.
- Green papaya – sliced/shredded
- Cherry tomatoes – diced
- Roasted peanuts
- String beans
- Carrots – peeled and shredded
- Small dry shrimp
- Peeled tamarind
- Red chilis (1-2 depending on how spicy you prefer)
- Palm sugar
- Lime juice
- Fish sauce
- Combine all sauce ingredients to taste
- Pour over salad ingredients and top with small dry shrimp, chicken or protein of choice (can also substitute or add other fresh fruits or vegetables such as apples, avocados and onions)
APEROL SPRITZ– The French Alps
We all know and love this popular, colorful European favorite cocktail. The Aperol Spritz is refreshing and bubbly perfect for those Spring and Summer nights. Get ready to sit back and relax with this delicious cocktail in hand.
- 3 oz Aperol
- 3 oz Prosecco
- 1 oz Club soda
- Orange slice
- Add ice to a wine glass until it’s nearly full
- Pour in the Aperol
- Pour in an equal amount of Prosecco
- Top off your drink with a splash of club soda and add a slice of orange
Be sure to tag @mojoactiveadventures if you decide to try the Som Tam or Aperol Spritz at home!