It’s not too late to ring in the New Year the right way!
Ring in the New Year in style with these authentic experiences. Since Covid-19, people are more than ever finding true value in adventures. Because of this, many popular destinations are completely booked up for December and January.
Have no fear! As a MOJO Insider, we’ve got six destinations for you that still have space. These destinations truly light up during the holidays with well-decorated streets and authentic culture. Even better, these places offer tremendous value and aren’t packed this time of year like they traditional can be during peak season.
Known for their double-decker buses and rich history, this city is alive with festive and bright holiday decorations. Your trip to London can include:
- Visiting the King’s weekend home with a privately-guided Windsor Castle tour
- Attending an exclusive “Ceremony of the Keys” traditional locking up of the Tower of London
- VIP tickets to a popular West End theatre performance
London comes alive during the holiday season
One of the most beautiful cities in the world, with an even more famous Holiday light show on the Champs Elysées. Your escape to the City of Lights can include:
- Strolling through the streets of Montmartre where Picasso lived on a privately-guided half-day tour
- Seeing Europe from the highest observation point on a private Eiffel tour
- Discovering the covered passages of Paris dating back to 1799 on a private tour
Skip the lines on your privately-guided tour of the Eiffel Tower
Extraordinary fashion, exquisite culinary cuisine and proximity to the Alps makes this the perfect winter location. Your trip to Milan can include:
- Getting the inside scoop on Milan’s culture and history with a privately-guided food tour
- Visiting Villa Balbianello — an impressive villa on Lake Como that has been featured in popular films such as Star Wars and Casino Royale.
- Cooking an authentic meal with a local Italian master chef
Learn the secrets of Italian cuisine during a private, hands-on cooking class
4. VIENNA, AUSTRIA
A European capital that is often overlooked for their glitzier rivals — the City of Music transforms into a winter wonderland around the holiday season with their well-known Christmas Markets, “Vienna Magic of Advent.” The City of Music offers:
- Private post-performance tours of the arena, stables and equipment at the world-famous Spanish Riding School (home of the Lipizzaner stallions)
- Customized, privately-guided walking tours of the city’s highlights including St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Belevedere Palace and off-the-beaten path cafes and galleries.
World-Famous Lipizzaner Stallions
5. HAVANA CUBA
Beautiful beaches complete with romantic lights, rich culture and dancing, what could be better? Your trip to Havana can include:
- Diving into Havana’s culture with private salsa lessons at the oldest existing salsa school
- Making an authentic Cuban mojito in a private mixology class
- Enjoying your own private, professional photo shoot in a vintage convertible
Say "Hola!" during your professional photo shoot in a vintage convertible
6. Galapagos Islands
Located 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador, in the Pacific Ocean, this volcanic archipelago is famous for its extraordinary creatures, many of which cannot be found anywhere else on earth. Your trip to the Galapagos can include:
- Privately-guided hike to one of the largest volcanic calderas in the world
- Privately-guided land safaris and boat charters to some of the more remote, off-the-beaten paths on the islands
- Stay in a luxury, eco-lodge safari style camp