Learn the secrets of our 100% summit success rate and why you should put this 19,341 foot climb on your calendar
I’m recently back from trekking to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania and can confidently say this bucket-list adventure lived up to the hype and more!
Mt. Kilimanjaro is not only Africa’s tallest peak but it’s the world’s tallest free-standing peak at 19,341 feet! We passed through five climate zones where the temperature dramatically drops the closer you get to the summit. (It’s the equivalent of traveling from the equator to Antarctica). The average summit success rate is about 60% but our group of 18 enjoyed a 100% summit success rate!
The secret of our 100% success rate…great partners are everything! MOJO vets the best guides and logistical operation partners so we can fully support our clients on the ground.
When you work with MOJO we ensure:
- PROPER ROUTE SELECTION — We suggest optimal ascent routes and number of days to ensure adequate acclimatization time
- ONSITE EXPERT EMERGENCY SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE TREK– Including daily safety briefings and twice a day medical checks to ensure you’re operating at your best.
- THE BEST GUIDES AND MOUNTAIN SUPPORT TEAM — Our team has successfully led groups up Mt. Kilimanjaro for over a decade including 300+ summits.
- VIP COMFORTS AND AMENITIES — Our local partners pioneered the concept of luxury trekking on Mt. Kilimanjaro. The camp features spacious walk-in tents, raised cots with thermal sleeping bags and chef-prepared meals. With all this available, you can focus on the task at hand knowing you’ve got the full support of a professional team throughout your adventure experience.
- PROPER PRE-ADVENTURE PHYSICAL TRAINING — All participants need to show up prepared for extreme altitude shifts and rugged terrain. Each guest received a detailed, customized physical training program developed by our corporate partners at iFIT.
- DRESSED AND PACKED FOR SUCCESS — Guests were given a detailed gear list and invited to join a pre-adventure video call to provide additional expert guidance.
- CHEF-PREPARED ADVENTURE FUEL — A chef-prepared menu was prepared throughout the adventure with items specifically curated to compliment the upcoming days’ tasks at hand.
- PROPER HYDRATION IS EVERYTHING — With extreme elevation, proper hydration is critical. On average, participants drank over 4 liters of fluids a day.
- POLE! POLE! — Swahili for “Slowly. Slowly”. Slow and steady wins the race and gets you to the summit. Our expert guides literally set the pace for success each day.
Hiking to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro sounds daunting but it’s extremely doable when you’re in the right hands. Our 100% success rate is due to our great partners and key preparation. MOJO offers a detailed, customized adventure with all the necessary amenities to get you to the top. If interested please reach out. Or, if Kilimanjaro isn’t for you, be sure to check out 6 other must-see bucket list destinations.
Our dining tent illuminated at night