My top travel tips to make sure you’re feeling up for the adventure
Getting ready for a trip can be daunting and a little stressful. When you plan a trip with MOJO, every client receives a ‘Know Before You Go Guide’ that has everything you need to know about your upcoming adventure. This guide includes detailed destination-specific info, packing suggestions and special considerations. In addition, here are some of my top tips to help you effectively disconnect and arrive feeling ready to roll:
Tips for getting in the travel mindset
- TURN OFF YOUR PHONE AND UNPLUG
- Set your out of office reply and let people know you will be travelling. By getting this out of the way, you minimize disruptions and allow yourself to be in the moment.
- PACK LIGHT
- My rule of thumb is less is more which helps me not overpack. Check out my ultimate packing list for the best way to pack suitcase.
- MAKE A CHECKLIST
- This may seem simple but packing for a big adventure can be daunting. Making a checklist allows you to stay organized and guarantee you don’t forget anything.
- KEEP AN OPEN MINDSET
- Don’t be afraid to dive into the culture you’ll be travelling to. Get the most out of the experience and maybe try new foods along the way.
- When going on an adventure, it’s hard to unplug from your life back home. Incorporate a little meditation or extra mindfulness into your daily routine to ease into your day and vacation. (Even taking 5 minutes at the beginning or end of your day can make a big difference!)
- SET UP SHARED DIGITAL PHOTO ALBUMS
- This allows your friends and families to stay connected with you on your travels without you feeling the need to send updates every step along the way
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR ACTIVITY LEVEL AND GET OUTDOORS TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE JOURNEY AHEAD
- If your upcoming adventure will involve a lot of walking or specific physical requirements make sure you allow ample time to head outdoors and put in the mileage ahead of your departure.
- RESEARCH YOUR DESTINATION
- Know your destination by reviewing your MOJO ‘Know Before You Go Guide’ for all your need-to-know information.
Finally, don’t forget to soak it all in and allow enough downtime to simply be in the moment. You shouldn’t feel as though you need vacation from your vacation.
I hope these quick travel tips allow you to get in the mindset to embrace a new culture and the experiences that go along with it.