Learn insider tips in Maine with a private lobstering expedition
Thank you to everyone who completed our “WHAT TYPE OF TRAVELER ARE YOU?” QUIZ Last month we spotlighted the “Experiential Traveler” which garnered the top spot. The second most popular result is the Foodie and Cultural traveler.
If you fall into this category, what does this say about your travel desires? Oftentimes, you are a lover of fine wine and great meals combined with cultural experiences.
Here’s a taste of 4 experiences we think that’ll appeal to you. All can be customized any number of ways to create the perfect experience for you.
CHILE- Known for incredible cuisine and a multitude of mountainous adventures, Chile is definitely on our bucket list. Here are a few favorites:
- Embark on a heli hike or heli fishing experience that will take you to exclusive natural sights
- Treat yourself to a chef-prepared, South American inspired dinner and wine under the stars
- Raft down the crystal clear Rio Palena river
SONOMA TO NAPA VALLEY — A true wine lover’s paradise nestled among world-class vineyards in California. Become immersed in culture, lifestyle, local cuisine and delicious wine.
Your stay in the valley can include:
- Pedaling through luscious vineyards, stopping at 4 different wineries. Each destination offers a taste of award-winning wines and a chef-prepared picnic complete with a view.
- Grabbing an apron and creating a gourmet 3-course meal in a private cooking class. Learning new culinary skills and combining flavors that compliment local wines.
- Experience all Sonoma Valley has to offer during a private, insider foodie experience at some of the area’s renown farms that supply local chefs with premium artisan ingredients.Including a behind-the-scenes tour of a local oyster farm.
MAINE — Enjoy delicious seafood and Maine classics complete with a view of the spectacular coastline. Pack a suitcase and get ready for these adventures:
- Climb aboard a private lobster boat and learn the daily tasks of lobster fishing while spotting marine life and lighthouses. Bonus: you can purchase Maine lobsters to take home!
- Enjoy a stroll with a local who will show you their favorite local restaurants and Maine comfort foods. You might grab a bite of clam chowder, homemade pies or a refreshing summer ale.
- Set sail on a scenic wine tasting adventure. Attend a sommelier-led wine class on a historic sailboat complete with a sunset and accompanying food pairings.
ITALY – Last, but definitely not least, embark on a journey to one of the foodie capitals of the world. A few highlights any foodie/cultural traveler would love in Italy:
- Become a local with a cooking class and wine tasting in a local farmhouse. Make a traditional Italian 3-course meal with the help of a local Tuscan chef. You’ll even make pasta from scratch while enjoying wine produced on property.
- Climb aboard an exclusive Riva boat and learn what makes Lake Como unique. You’ll pass by fishing villages, hidden nature spots and impressive villas. Bonus: The private boat allows you to stop almost anywhere giving you unlimited adventure choices.
- Pack your camera and hike Monte Bregagno for spectacular views. You’ll never forget these 36o views of the Alps, and Lake Como and Lugano.